I referenced this blog in my most recent post, but a few statistics about TheFaceBook warrant quoting in full (these come by way of Matt Cohler, FaceBook's VP for Corporate Development as of May, 2004):
- Out of 1400 universities in the US, 640 have been launched.
- In those universities, they have a 50 to 90 percent penetration
- Total number of registered users: 2.6 million
- Frequency of visits: 65% of the user base visits the site every day, 95% every month (!!!!)
- Average number of visits per day: 6
- Traffic: 3 billion page views from US registered users
...not to mention these are all college students.